Saturday, May 26, 2012

Summer Strawberry and Baby Spinach Salad

 Here in Indianapolis it has been in the mid 90's for the last few days and that means one thing for me.  It is officially salad season.  I love fresh vegetables, they are delicious and readily available in the summertime.

This time of year strawberries are fresh and delicious and that's how this salad got started.  I then added some more of my favorite things and it came out so good I would like to share it with everyone, Enjoy!

Ingredients:
4 strawberries quartered
2 cups baby spinach
2 sliced chicken tenderloins
1/8 red onion thinly sliced
crumbled blue cheese
sliced roasted almonds
red wine vinaigrette
salt and pepper to taste

It's a pretty simple salad but, oh man is it good.  I love the taste of the red wine vinaigrette and the blue cheese together.  It is just the thing you need to enjoy a nice day out on the patio.  I like to layer my salads but you can certainly mix it if you want.

I recommend sitting out in the nice weather with a tall glass of your favorite iced tea and enjoying the salad. It makes for a wonderfully relaxing day.  I love this weather, I wish it was this nice all year long!

Alternative:  Substitute the blue cheese and red wine vinaigrette for goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette.


Don't forget to follow the RSS feed on the right side of the page.  You can also sign up to follow by Email or follow Cooking with WillYum on Facebook by clicking here: Cooking With WillYum

1 comment:

  1. This salad looks good! I love strawberries and fruit in salads. Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday. I hope to see you at the next party!

    ReplyDelete